R Value Logistics is an integrated business advisory and implementation solution provider, learning and development strategy consultants and risk management advisers.
Partner and Principal Consultant
Highly experienced professional with 28 years of varied experienced in the area of logistics and aviation with core specialization in the area of cool chain & perishable logistics and management, dangerous goods regulations and cargo terminal design and planning.
Some of the key assignment he handled included the following:-
Worked as Lead Specialist Consultant for RITES, a Government of India Consulting firm, as part of which undertook the following project
- Ministry of Civil Aviation – Economic feasibility study for establishment and development of Air Cargo hub at Delhi and Chennai Airport and other related study. A detailed and extensive study was done by the team and submitted to the ministry.
- Airports Authority of India – Techno-economic feasibility study for demerger of their cargo department and establishing it as independent full owned cargo company. The project was completed in record time and after submission of the report, the Board of Airports Authority accepted the recommendation for demerger of their cargo department and organizing it as an independent company.
- Pursuant to the acceptance of the recommendation, a new fully owned subsidiary of AAI was formed called AAI Cargo Logistics and Allied Services company (AAICLAS), which will take over all the cargo and ground handling related activities of AAI.
Established for KLM airline, a cargo handling company in India called Cargo Service Center India in 1995 in a highly regulated aviation market of India. After leading the company as Group CEO fro 19 years, quit in 2014 to set his own niche logistics and consultancy business. Some of the key projects he executed during his tenure at CSC were:-
- Established the first pharma temperature controlled handling facility at Delhi airport and getting it certified under CCQI and successfully audited by Germanischer Lloyd of Germany, as the only second such facility anywhere in the world way back in 2002. Became the first facility anywhere in the world to establish a pharma handling protocol.
- Established the Second Perishable Cargo terminal of 2000sqm at Mumbai airport with capacity to handle 45000MT of perishable and temperature cargo per annum to handle pharmaceutical and perishable cargo.
- Established the Second Integrated Cargo terminal (five phased modular construction project of Rs.450 crore) of 50000 sq.met double level Integrated Air Cargo terminal at Delhi airport at the cost of Rs.265crore. It is the only integrated project of its kind which can handle in one location any type of cargo be it general cargo, perishable and temperature sensitive, live animal, dangerous goods or project cargo. This terminal has one of the most modern designed perishable cargo handling facility. In that facility was built one of the most modern perishable cum pharmaceutical handling facility.
- As a diversification project to de-risk the company from the highly regulated and tender oriented airport business, developed the Cool Chain logistics business for the company as an off airport vertical for the company with two facilities at Ahmedabad for processing, storage and ripening of fruits and vegetables. This venture was the first of its kind anywhere in the country where a service provider was offering services such a ripening, storage and processing as an independent operator. Handled and processed close of 1500 tons of fruits for export market besides ripening more than 3000 MT of fruits like banana and mangoes for local markets.
Established the first Airfreight station in India in joint venture with Concor at Mulund, Mumbai, a project which unfortunately failed to take off.
Prior to CSC, he worked for 7 years with Elbee Express, one of then foremost Express Courier company (Service partner of UPS in India) from 1988 to 1995 during which held various senior position from Branch Manager of Kolkota and Surat, Area Operation Manager (East) and finally Corporate Manager ( Domestic Network, Hub and Training). Several initiative during that tenure included:-
- Establishing first time ever a training programme for field and operation staff
- Mapping the full domestic network of the company and establishing the linehaul cost for each segment
- Designed and wrote an operation manual (including highlighting the requirement of various document necessary for moving express parcel from one part of the country to another) and field staff reference manual- something no other courier company had done before.
Mr. Panicker is a Post-Graduate in Business Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Business Finance, Certificate in Perishable Cargo handling, Supply Chain management and Export Import Management. He is a Certified Professional Training Manager from Training Industry, USA, Certified Dangerous Goods Instructor and specialist and Special Member of International Association of Risk Management.